Thursday, December 12, 2013

asara b'tevet

It is true that Asara Be"Teives
Reminds me
Of our travels
Through history

Of course we are different
Special because
We send to the world
G-d consciousness
So it was

When I see a Jew walking
Tzitzis out of his pants
I remember there's a G-d
Not everything is dismal cold

So then what went wrong
What led us from our heights
To face constant battlement
To face constant strife

Asara B"Teives teaches
That we should not let this destruction happen again
jut ebcaus it happened once
Starting from this day

This day allowed
The first Temple to be shattered
Thsi allowed the second
If only we could ahve
Repair of our Despair

We must follow a new course
To not judge to spare
To make anger into a joke or
compassion so fair

The destruction of the first
Was when the world was too selfish
Lust, murder was about the "I"
It caused the great the first great nasty fish

The second Beis Ha"Mikdash
Was from sinas chinam- bad hate
It was about criticism deceit
Not having enough space
For another "me"

I think we're getting closer
I think we're getting there
Just patience, understanding
Being able to count
When all's not there

Having faith not giving up
Putting our life on hold
To await for someone's help
To bring Moshiach
Bold

May he come now
In our days
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment